The Southwest Companion Pass is one of the most lucrative benefits of any airline. However, in order to earn it, you typically need to take 100 flights or earn 135,000 qualifying points. With this Southwest Companion Pass offer, you’ll get unlimited use of the pass through February 2025 and bonus points with a new Southwest credit card. Here’s what you need to know.
Southwest Companion Pass offer
Traditionally, when you apply for a Southwest credit card, you’ll earn bonus points when you meet the card’s minimum spending requirement. For a limited time, eligible Southwest Airlines credit cards also include the Companion Pass as part of their welcome bonus.
Here are the details:
- Apply for an eligible Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card.
- Meet the minimum spending requirement of $4,000 within three months.
- Receive 30,000 Rapid Rewards points.
- Earn the Companion Pass through February 28, 2025.
Which Southwest credit cards are eligible?
Southwest Airlines has three consumer and two business credit cards offering different levels of benefits, earning power and annual fees. However, this offer is only available on the airline’s consumer credit cards.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
For more info about the Southwest Priority card check out our review.
For more info about the Southwest Plus card check out our review.
What is the Southwest Companion Pass and how do you earn it?
The Southwest Companion Pass allows you to bring your designated companion with you on any flight offered by Southwest. Unlike companion fares from other airlines, you can use the Companion Pass an unlimited number of times. Simply book a ticket with points, cash or travel credits, then add your companion to your reservation. As long as there’s a ticket for sale, you can book a companion ticket on any Southwest flight.
Members can earn the Companion Pass in one of three primary ways:
- Flights. Complete 100 one-way (or 50 round-trip) flights in a calendar year. Award flights do not count toward this total.
- Points. Earn 135,000 qualifying points from flights, credit cards and other eligible activities by December 31st. Credit card welcome bonuses, points earned from spending and anniversary bonus points help members meet the annual total. Also, all Southwest credit cards provide a boost of 10,000 points to reduce the number of points you need to earn.
- Promotions. Southwest occasionally offers limited-time promotions where you can earn the Companion Pass by completing select activities like this welcome offer.
To learn more check out our detailed Companion Pass guide.
With this limited-time offer, you can earn the Southwest Companion Pass through February 2025 when you apply for a new Southwest consumer credit card and meet the minimum spending requirement. Additionally, you’ll earn 30,000 Rapid Rewards points to start using your Companion Pass with your designated companion.